Thursday, May 28, 2015

#TGIFC05 Con-grad-ulations on the Sketch!

HI!!!  Did you get here via TGIF Challenges?  If not, make sure you go and check it out! I'm genuinely excited about this week's challenge...I think it's a really unique idea.

 

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2015/05/tgifc05-remix.html


We are having you take two of our recent challenges and mash them together...sounds fun, right?  The combination is up to you, and the challenges to pick from are listed on the site. 

Plus, to celebrate our one month anniversary, we are giving away a prize pack! Visit the site for details.

Here is my mash-up mix-up combo creation...Wanna guess what I combined?  Bet you'll be stumped! Lol...

 
All products are current Stampin' Up!  I used the ever trusty Guy Greetings stamp set along with the Typeset DSP.  Color combo is Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Tip Top Taupe, and Gold.  Stamps inked in black except for the "Hats Off" sentiment which is embossed with gold EP and the background "Congratulations" which is stamped in gold ink. I used the new banner punch to shape the bottom of the main banner and sides of the sentiment banner.
 
I created the tassel by dismantling a scrap of the Gold Baker's Twine until I separated the individual strands.  Then pinched the strands together and folded them in half. I took two of the strands and tied a knot around the fold, which created the "tail" to my tassel.  I finished it by taking another strand and tying it around the fold.  Trimmed the tassel to my liking and used a glue dot to secure the tail to the back of the hat, so that way it still has movement with the card.
 
Bonus did-ya-know tip:  I used Dimensionals to lift my Guy, but I still needed extra dimension for the sentiment.  What I did was stack 2 Dimensionals onto each other at each edge of the banner, then stuck the sentiment to the double Dimensional stacks.  This way, the sentiment is still lifted above the Guy even though the Guy is already lifted up himself.  Make sense?  Man, that was a lot of words...
 
Well that's it for now.  Hope you join in the challenge, or at the very least visit the site to see what the other designers have created.  See you on Sunday for a CYCI sketch challenge and (SPOILER ALERT) see you early next week for a surprise Non-Friday TGIF post! 
 
TTYL!

16 comments:

  1. Lovin' your take on the new challenge! Grin! Soooo glad I finally got to play and that you stopped by, I'm so honored that you did! Grin! Oh and I missed you too, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always can expect something awesomely out of the box from you hunny! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a very happy bunny when I first saw this stamp set in the catty, I love the challenge of male themed cards, i have to say you have pulled this out the box big time, love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card James! Love the tassel too :) thanks for the creative challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card James, love how you have used Guys Greetings in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card James. Very clever to add the tassel to the top cap - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and all the details. Great colour combo for the guy card and thanks so much for the tip with the dimensionals...adding that to my card making repertoire skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. 로투스게임

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. wm คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. SlotXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. แทงหวย

    ReplyDelete