Thursday, May 14, 2015

OSAT Monochromatic May

Welcome to May's "One Stamp at a Time" (OSAT) blog hop!  For those who may not know, OSAT is a group of crafty folks that have found each other on Facebook and have now started a monthly blog hop.  If you came to my post organically, please follow the hop to see what other goodies were made for your viewing pleasure.  If you have arrived via my buddy Maggie Mata, thanks for hopping in!!

Our theme for this month is Monochromatic.  I chose Gold, Crumbcake, and Vanilla.  See what ya' think:

 
 In addition to this card, I also made this bookmark gift set...
 
 


 
For the card I used the flower from the new Stampin' Up! You've Got This stamp set and the butterfly and sentiment from the new Best Thoughts set.  All images embossed in gold; the butterfly and flower fussy cutted for added dimension.  I finished the images with Crumbcake watercoloring.
 
For the bookmark set, the flowers and vines were stamped from the new SU! Floral Wings set.  I also used the new I Think You're Great set for one of the bookmarks.  My main inspiration for this project was the new Neutrals Designer Paper Pack, especially the pages with the beautiful handwriting over a variety of colors and tones.  I used that page as well as the floral page (both in gold, of course).  I punched the tops of the bookmarks with a  few different tag punches and tied them with gold embedded bakers twine and gold sequin trim.  Butterflies were punched with the Bitty Butterfly punch.
 
So that's all that I have for you today, but I'll be back with more tomorrow and even more this weekend, so please do visit again... But since the day is still young, there's so much more for you to see if you click the "Next" button below!  Go ahead, you know you want to...
 
http://mycraftyside1.blogspot.com/2015/05/osat-blog-hop-monochromatic.html
 
And just in case you've been wandering around and you got lost, here is a map of the hop...
 
Maggie

Well that's really all...thanks for joining us and I hope to see you again!  Soon!  And often!  And I hope that you leave comments!  And that they're nice!  Or at least neutral!  Just not mean!  That'd be great!  Thanks!  Oh, and tell your friends!  They might like my stuff too!  Unless they're mean!  Then don't tell them about me!  Lol!  I should have stopped about 41 words ago!  Now I've gone too far!  I've been drinking coffee and blogging again!  Dang it!  I said I wouldn't do that to you any more!  I'm Sorry!  I should go now!  Bye!
 
 


 

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love, love, love the tag holder

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Stampin) DUUUUUUUUUDE, those bookmarks make me want to read a book! Or pretend to at least :) love it James!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! James you continue to wow me on a daily basis!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. decadent is the word that comes to mind - the gold detail on the card is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH-MAZING creations!! LOVE-Love-love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and bookmarks!!! I'll definitely have to try to make some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gold with the crumb cake. Both great projects. I think I need to case the bookmarks and holder for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely ideas. I love the card with the set of bookmarks, and your beautiful choice of stamp sets. Just got my box yesterday with new products, and can't wait til tonight to play with them

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bookmark set is amazing! So beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really are the rock star of stamping! Your card was seriously awesome and that little bookmark holder with bookmarks was just amazing! I knew when I saw your color choices that you were going to show out and you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the book mark set. Can't wait to get some of that paper. Being a reader of "real" books from the library. Will be casing that project. You never talk too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the book mark set. Can't wait to get some of that paper. Being a reader of "real" books from the library. Will be casing that project. You never talk too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pure elegance with a touch of class! The gold embossing makes the bookmakers look expensive. Props for fussy cutting...it gives me anxiety. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! Love the neutral colors & your bookmark set is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete