Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Twin Babies! (Cards from Orlando Pt. 2)

Before you read any further, this post will not serve as the announcement of an upcoming Weber family expansion. Sorry if I got your hopes up (talking to you, Ma!), but "Twin Babies" refers to a pair of baby cards that I made on our SU! Leadership trip.  Those of you who have read my previous posts know that it was this trip that renewed and refreshed my creative urges, and these are the cards that started my run.

I had an unofficial, unwritten, and unspoken list of things to do during my first SU! trip and mini Florida vacation.  Of course, I knew I would get to hang out with Shelli...after all, what would a SU! event be like without spending time with She who started it all?  Right?  Well needless to say that when Shelli walked out on the stage and the theatre full of thousands of women erupted -- I realized that my expectations may not quite line up with reality. So I started editing the list and mentally crossed off "Wild alligator wrestling", "Day trip to Miami", and "Convince Mercedes to play hooky from the convention and spend the next 3 days at Disney World."  As the list got shorter and shorter, my Great Florida Adventure was becoming a little less adventuresome... but I did not get discouraged. Nope, I still had my ace in the hole, the pinnacle of the journey, the one thing that I knew could not be taken from me: "Late night card making."

So we get back to the hotel after Manager's Reception and it's around 11:30pm. Our counters were already cluttered with an assortment of ink pads, stamps, embellishments, and of course paper as far as the eye could see.  I instantly felt at home; surfaces covered with crafting supplies make up about 80% of our house. This time, however, I had a different view of the items that were strewn about - this time instead of just pushing stuff around to clear off a space to sit, I was going to try to make something. To be honest I got pretty overwhelmed by the selection of items to choose from. I sat and stared for a few minutes, not knowing where to start. I'm sure that Mercedes caught my lost puppy dog glance and wanted to help with a few suggestions, so she asked what I wanted to make and when I answered something about "baby" she got out the Celebrate Baby stamp set. It wasn't what I had in mind, but I ran with it and threw my simple "rookie cards" together:




It's hard to see in the photo, but I thought that the girl card needed a little shine, so I added some glitter to highlight the moon and stars: 


Just trust me when I say that the card looks totally more AWESOME in person and the photos still don't do it justice ;-)   

So let me know which card you like better - the boy or girl?  I know that I have a favorite (not sure if that's taboo or not...am I just supposed to love them all equally?).
 
Also let me know if there is something that you would like to see me make or a product that you would like me to use.  While I'm still getting my Stampin' Chops I could use a little push or pull toward an idea until I become more familiar with the entire line of SU! offerings. 
 
Thanks for listening to another story, and I only have one more Orlando card left.  Hope you stop back by in a few days to check it out.  Ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment