Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hello, Baby!! (Late Night Ramblings)




Much like the card that you're about to see, this post should be fairly simple, short and sweet. However; I may ramble...I had a late cup of coffee earlier and I'm still wide eyed and bushy tailed as the rest of the household is lost in silent slumber. As I write this, I'm winding down after a long day of reorganizing our crafting areas. You can follow the story on my Instagram for those of you who haven't already seen the progression. Basically, my wife has decided that she has had enough of the "free-form" style of organization (aka piles everywhere), so now I have a chance to help her redesign and reorganize her (now our) crafting area. Part of me thinks that perhaps she has gotten the hint tired of me blogging about how messy things may seem around here, but the BIGGER part of me now thinks that she just wanted me to get familiar with all of her stuff so that I could stop asking her where everything is. I probably won't be allowed to post any pictures of our craft room until we get a complete remodel, but if you want to see my motivation for an impressively awesome setup, check out Stampin' Dolce and get ready to be totally jealous.

The card that I'm sharing with you tonight was completely inspired by Stampin' Up's "Little Sunshine" stamp set. It was the first card that I made after we returned home from Orlando, and I had gotten so much encouragement and positive feedback during the trip that I was Unstoppable! Hehehe...that reminds me of one of my favorite images; I don't know if I can post it here or not (I'm just a rookie - not sure about blogging etiquette and copyright legalities), so if you're not familiar with the Unstoppable T-Rex, just click This Link and let me know if you share my sense of humor.  Get it?  His only weakness is his little tiny arms, but since he has a T-Rex grabber thingy he is Unstoppable!!  Anyways, I warned you that I may ramble and I feel delirium setting in, so I better get back to the topic at hand...Hello, Baby!

As I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, we had just returned home from Orlando and I was still in creative mode. I wanted to keep the streak going and make sure that it wasn't just a fluke, so I asked Mercedes to give me a creative nudge. She pulled out a stack of about 4 or 5 stamp sets and told me to pick one. I guess that these were relatively new sets and she needed some samples to show at her classes, so I became her unpaid intern for the day.  I didn't care that she was taking advantage of me; in fact I was honored that she was actually letting me make something for her to show other people!  As I sorted through the short stack of stamp cases, this particular set kept catching my eye.  Perhaps it was because I hadn't seen the images before...I came to find out that this set was still brand new and unused, and I would be the first Weber to make something with it!  So here's what I put together:



I really just wanted to do a quick and simple card, but since my reputation was on the line, I also wanted if to have some texture to it. The sentiment was heat embossed and die cut with the Word Bubbles framelit then elevated with Dimensionals, and the stars are made from vellum punched with the Itty Bitty Accents star punch. The background "stripe" is a light stamp off of Hello Honey and the cloudy background is from the Sweet Dreams DSP pack.

I'm starting to yawn, and that's a good thing.  I need to get up for work in just a few hours. It's probably for the best since this was supposed to be a simple, short, and sweet post anyway.  I guess I'll be going now. Thanks for keeping me company tonight and remember....you too can be Unstoppable! Lol








No comments:

Post a Comment