Sunday, August 23, 2015

CYCI # 83 School's Back!!

I'm back this week with another great challenge from CanYouCaseIt.com!  
 
www.canyoucaseit.com


If you're up on my blog, you'll know that we had a very traumatic event this year...the first year of kindergarten :-(

Well, as of this writing, we are past our first week and things are actually going well.  Fun times are being had, no tears are being shed, and the earth keeps turning.  C'est la vie.

For this back to school project, I decided to simply create a card.  Once again, I have ventured outside of the proverbial box, this time by actually just revisiting the roots of card-making.  As you may know from my previous projects, my style is anything but simple.  My "Box" is "Outside the Box" if you will.  I enjoy overcomplicating things, looking for ways to be "different," and just creating the unexpected.  Well this week I unexpectedly (at least for myself) created a card with no gimmicks, just basic elements of design, embellishments, and layout.  And I ended up still having a lot of fun doing it!  Go figure... turns out I don't have to struggle so much to have fun, LOL!  See what you think:

 
Before you ask, the sentiment is from an exclusive Paper Pumpkin set that is only available to SU Demonstrators... if you want to know more about it, just ask me!  
 
Now it's your turn to visit CanYouCaseIt.com to get inspired to create your own Back To School project!  I look forward to seeing your creations, and I hope you all have a lovely week!  See you next time :-) 
 

3 comments: