Friday, May 8, 2015

#TGIFC02 Ice Cream Sketch!

Hey there, friends!  Thanks for joining me today for another TGIF Challenge...we made it to our second week, so I guess you can say it's a HUGE success! (Right? Lol)  A big thanks to all of the challengers that played along  with TGIFC01 - what a terrific showing!  Now onto week #02...This time we are working with a sketch!


http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2015/05/tgifc02-sketch-challenge.html
 
 
And here's what I got out of it...
 
 
I'm sure you're like me and you saw an ice cream cone from the sketch too, right? Go ahead and scroll back up...check it out!  See what I mean?  Totally an Ice Cream Cone Sketch! 
 
 
 
Ok, well maybe it is a stretch...but I seriously DID see an ice cream cone the very first time I saw the sketch.  Maybe it's my craving for some sweet creamy goodness since I've been (mostly) vegan for almost a year.  Maybe it's my need to be different.  Heck, I could just be rebelling against the status quo... Let's just say that I see it as it's my duty to remind you that these challenges are open to interpretation and creativity is welcome!  I am personally encouraging YOU to push the envelope!  Do something different!!  Have FUN!!!  That's why we do this, right?  If it's not fun, then what's the point?
 
So this challenge came out just in time to use the newest SU! In Colors and DSP!  For this card I used a white base, Early Espresso card front, and a top layer of Watermelon Wonder cardstock textured with the large polka dots.  The ice cream is punched from the swirly Watermelon Wonder Envelope paper, and the "cone" is made from the brand new Bohemian DSP.  I used early espresso to stamp the "You're so sweet" sentiment is from the "You're So Sweet" stamp set (coincidence? I think not!).   
 
Please remember to visit TGIF Challenges to see the other design team's creations and play along!  See you later, and Happy Stampin'!!
 
 
 
 





2 comments:

  1. LOVE your interpretation of the sketch, James! It makes me long for a cooling treat. Grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card James. I love your creativity in creating an ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete