Sunday, May 10, 2015

CYCI #69 The Bestest Sketch

So today is Mother's Day and I had another opportunity to make a Mother's Day card, this time to actually give to my sweetie.  See, even though I have made about 3 MD cards this season, I couldn't give her any of the those since she had already seen them all (plus I didn't actually make them for her...Lol!).  Well, thank goodness CYCI came along to inspire me with a sketch!

www.canyoucaseit.com
 
I flipped the sketch and traded the banners for doughnuts...take a look!
 
 
 
As soon as I saw it, I knew I just had to use Stampin' Up's new Cherry On Top DSP.  If you know my style, you know that I like to have fun with my cards...and what's more fun than candy and doughnut paper?  But of course, I always like to do something different, so I couldn't settle with just telling her that she's the best...when I could remind her that She's The Bestest!  I used the "You're the Best" sentiment from the brand spankin new Friendly Wishes stamp set and created my version with a masking technique.  The card base and sentiment ink is also brand new - Tip Top Taupe!  Again, the doughnuts, candy paper, and banners are all from the Cherry on Top DSP pack - so much fun!
 
Thank you for joining me and I hope you come back later this week...there is a blog hop on Thursday, a new TGIF Challenge on Friday, and another CYCI on Sunday...Man, it's going to be a busy week of Stampin since I don't have any of those projects done yet!  Yikes!  I better get going....
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great card! You are definitely showing off that stuff. Mine should be here today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card James. It is nice to get a preview of whats to come. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James I could totally see how much fun you had with this card! thanks for being a part of Can You Case It? :) Eva

    ReplyDelete