Sunday, May 17, 2015

CYCI#70 May I Give you Flowers...

Hi again!  This year, we've had our share of April showers.  And as you know, "April showers bring May flowers."  Well, today, so does Can You Case It!

www.canyoucaseit.com
 
That's right, this week we have a flower challenge!  I know that for most of you, "flower" and "challenge" aren't words that would usually go together.  For me, though, I have to be in the mood to make something flowery.  Well thank goodness for the new Stampin' Up sets and colors! 
 
 

 
Like those new colors?  Tip Top Taupe is the brownish-grayish, the reddish-pinkish Watermelon Wonder is my new favorite, and the leaves are the bright green Cucumber Crush.  The image is a 3-step stamp from the Floral Wings set, the striped paper is from the new Envelope paper set, and I created the border with the new Lace Ribbon (which comes in all of the new In Colors - totally sweet...like having a spool of colored doily!).  Just in case you're wondering, I added the dimension to the image by fussy cutting the flowers and popping them up on dimensionals.  It wasn't necessary, though... I made the card for this week's stamp-n-chat without the added layering, and it totally works.  I just wanted to overcomplicate it so I could show off on my blog.  Lol! 
 
Thanks for stopping in.  If you haven't been over to canyoucaseit.com yet, go and check out what the design team has created for you.  While you're there, I hope that there will be a creative seed planted in you which will end up growing an inspired idea and blooming into a May Flower project of your own which you will then pluck and share with us!  That wasn't toooo much of a stretch on the theme, was it?
 
See you in a few days!  Happy Stamping!!

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely awesome card! I love the neutral card with the pop of color from the roses. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combination James!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have made this-the little flowers look fabulous on the Butterfly wings and add a perfect splash of colour!
    Thank you for stopping by my little Blog to say hello-I appreciate it.
    Best wishes,Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete