Sunday, April 26, 2015

CYCI #67 Golden Mother's Day!!

This week we have a special Mother's Day edition at CanYouCaseIt.com!

www.canyoucaseit.com
 
This Mother's Day is a fresh experience for me.  For those of you who are familiar with my stamping journey, you know that I am relatively new to this; this is my first Mother's Day since  I have become a Real stamper.  Growing up, I usually remembered to get my Mom a card and a gift, but sometimes (unfortunately) she would have to settle with just a phone call :-( Sorry, Mom. However, Mother's Days have been much more consistent since I have been married to a cardmaker. Lol!  Now I understand why...the blogosphere and social media sites are chock full of reminders of the upcoming holiday (Thankfully!!).  And now I am doing my part to remind YOU to appreciate your Mom or another important Mother-figure in your life.  I am grateful for this week's challenge because it encouraged me to make a card that is fitting to send to MY Mom.  Here it is:
 
 
 
 
 

It started with the flower... I sponged a sheet of vellum with a combination of Strawberry Slush, Blackberry Bliss, and Hello Honey.  Then I punched a number of flowers from the sheet using both the Fun Flower Punch and the Pansy Punch.  I crinkled up the flowers and stuck them together (slightly askew) with glue dots. I finished off the center of the flower with a Very Vintage Designer button.  The card base is Very Vanilla, and the card front is a piece of Irresistibly Yours DSP (oh, how I love you...) that I sponged with gold ink.  It's a wonderful affect and works well with the other designs in the paper pack; the photos don't do it justice!  I embossed the sentiment from the Four You set in gold on vanilla and embellished it with doily, then finished the card with a few swirlies of Gold Baker's Twine and assembled!  Ready to send! Or better yet, perhaps I'll have a chance to hand deliver!
 
So now it's your turn!  Visit us at CanYouCaseIt and share a pic of the card that you are making for Mother's Day.  We also have an awesome design team that will inspire you if you need a little nudge, so head on over there to check out their creations.  Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again later in the week! 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Your card is just fantastic! Love the simplicity! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justin...bet you really just love the gold though...

      Delete
  2. love this card! i can't wait to try the flower..just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie :-) Let me know if I can help...

      Delete
  3. Love the vellum flower, James! I'm REALLY hoping we see the DSP in the upcoming annual catalog, because it's one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to buy flower punches... I won't, but you had me considering it for a moment there :) great card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-( what's wrong with flower punches? Lol

      Delete
  5. I adore this card! I'm going to have to try my hand at some vellum flowers! I also loved how you used the doily layers behind the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The layers of coloured vellum used to create your flower really make for a stunning blossom. I love it. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful! Going to case this one!

    ReplyDelete