Sunday, April 5, 2015

CYCI #64 - Yummy Color Challenge

Happy Easter!!!  What a marvelous day to celebrate!  Thanks for joining me for another CanYouCaseIt challenge.  This week we have............(drum roll, please).............

A Color Challenge!!!

www.canyoucaseit.com
 

 
I wanted to do a little something different with these colors and highlight the black... I haven't made anything like this before, so I figured what the heck, I'll just roll with it.  That's what a challenge is for, right?  So here's my card:
 
 
 
The black card front is actually chalkboard paper and the butterflies were sponged with a pinkish orangey crisp-cantelope-like-ish chalk ink (I know,...it's a stretch).  It lightens up a lot after it dries, so if you want to try this at home, I would suggest sponging the chalk ink first and letting it dry a little, then sponging the  color that you want on top of the chalk ink.  That's a new segment that I like to call "My Stampin' Tip of the Day!" (Lol!)  The "hello" was die cut using the Hello You thinlets, I punched the butterfly "stencil" using the Bitty Butterfly and finished them off with a few rhinestones, and finished the card with the flower from the Itty Bitty punch pack and some simple white Baker's Twine.
 
Thanks for visiting with me...now head on over to canyoucaseit.com and enter your own cantaloupe-pudding creation for me to see!  While you're there, check out the other designers cards....  Heck, actually just go and check them out anyway!  I've already seen them and they're quite impressive :-) 
 
Hope that you are enjoying/have enjoyed your Easter and I'll see you soon with another paper creation!  TTYL
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. James, you've totally rocked this color challenge! Your design team card is outstanding! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome team challenge card this week. Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete