Sunday, April 19, 2015

CYCI# 66 For the Troops!!!

Hi!  Welcome back.  This week, I have double duty; first up is the CanYouCaseIt.com challenge...today we bring you a Designer's Choice Challenge, meaning that I (and you) can make a card with no parameters, just whatever pops up into the creative crevices of our think tanks!

www.canyoucaseit.com
 
I chose to make a patriotic Father's Day card:

 
 
Thanks to my trusty Guy Greetings set for another great inspiration!  This time with the addition of some leftover Irresistibly Yours Sale-a-Bration DSP and the Star Punch to add some texture, I created a Naval themed Father's Day card...
 
Which brings me to my second objective:
 
http://operationwritehome.org/
 
I made this card as part of a group of Father's Day cards that will be sent for Operation Write Home, an organization that supports and encourages our nation's armed forces.  Please click the badge above to learn more!
 
Hope you check out both operationwritehome.org and canyoucaseit.com this week.  In fact, why not combine the two and support our troops for OWH and post your design to CYCI!  We would love to see what you come up with! 
 
That's all for now. Hope you are having a great day and I'll see you all next week :-)
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Yeah...link working now...GREAT card! For the 4th too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...link working now...GREAT card! For the 4th too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the different details! Thanks for supporting the troops. Means a lot to me and Maggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's with the Star Trek insignia in the anchor? lol Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a great cause, James. Nice subtle touch of the Work of Art chevrons too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card! I love the stars in the background and the distressed edges. Thanks for supporting our troups! My son served in the Marine Corps for a few years so that one hits close to home for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sacrifice...I'm sure it wasn't easy having your son away...

      Delete
  7. OMG, this is awesome! Perfect masculine card! Great team challenge card this week!

    ReplyDelete