Thursday, March 12, 2015

OSAT Showers Bring Spring Flowers...or something like that...

Hello, again!  Today we have a very special treat for you...a Blog Hop!  In fact, it's my very first!  This has been brought to you by a group of creative stampers that was formed on Facebook known as "One Stamp At a Time" (aka OSAT). Some days, that's my motto, especially when stuck on a never ending stack of swap cards or invitations that were super cute when I designed them, but by the 34th identical sentiment they kind of lose their appeal... anybody feel me on that one?  Anyways...for those of you who arrived here via Megan T, thanks for participating in the Hop!  For those who may be starting here; at the bottom of my post there is a link to the very talented Holly Stene, so please take the time to continue on and check out what she and those after her have created for you this week. Now, on to my card...

This week's theme is Spring Flowers.  I'm in California, so Spring may have a different meaning for me than it does for y'all on the East Coast or anywhere else that has a true Winter.  I can only imagine how nice it must be to start getting temperatures in the double digits again,  especially when we barely go out when our temps drop into the 50's! Lol.  I do, however, miss a lot of the things that other climates have going on; playing in the snow, White Christmas, affordable housing, and most of all -- visible season changes.  I always hear beautiful tales about how gorgeous the landscape is when the seasons change, and I have never had an opportunity to experience it myself :-(   So this week, I visualized Spring Flowers as a refreshing pop of brightness and color after a long and dreary Winter.  See what you think: 

 
 

I really enjoy look of water coloring mixed with the emboss resist, and I thought that both the sentiment and the image from Stampin' Up's Indescribable Gift stamp set fit the Spring Flowers theme perfectly. 
 
Hope you enjoyed my card and I really hope that you click the "Next" button below to visit Holly and see what she made for us. See you there!!
 
 

 
http://hollyshobbs.blogspot.com/2015/03/osat-blog-hoppers-spring-flowers.html
 
Just in case, here is a complete list of the Hoppees:
 

28 comments:

  1. i love this - great to see bright colors. we are just starting to thaw out and melt here in NE Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't envy you at all...except that I'm sure it's nice to play in the snow occasionally :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! It's hard to follow that! Love love love this :) so fresh and fun! My kinda card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I was going for the "fresh and fun" look! And your card is great, too!

      Delete
  3. You out did yourself. This is beautiful. I love the bright colors. tis

    ReplyDelete
  4. James.... fantastic dude! Love all the color :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva...Couldn't have done it without you! :-D

      Delete
  5. Wow James! This card is amazing! Absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are ALMOST as amazing as Mercedes! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best compliments I've ever received! Lol

      Delete
  7. Wow, looks difficult to do. Maybe I should attempt! Great card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, very easy! The best part is that if you think you mess up, just call it ART!

      Delete
  8. Love this card with all the fun color,,,and my favorite butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card!! Going to have to try this one out real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely should! The options are limitless :-)

      Delete
  10. James, this is just an amzing card! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is beautiful!! The color combination is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have outdone yourself!!! It is a very happy and cheerful card, full of colour!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Beautiful colors with that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete