Thursday, July 9, 2015

OSAT Ju{Christmas}ly: (<---Christmas in July; get it??)


Hello, and welcome to another month of hoppiness with our wonderful group of stampers!  You may have been directed here by the lovely Lori @ StampinDreams.com or another one of our OSAT hoppees, in which case you already know what this is all about and may proceed directly to my Christmas in July card! 

If you are starting the hop here, then welcome!  You are in for a special treat today; you have landed in the middle of a blog hop!  That's right, there are about 20 stampers that have gotten together just to make projects to share with YOU!  Our theme this week is Christmas in July and here is my offering:


 
So I consider myself to be fairly festive, but I was a little confused by the whole Christmas in July Theme.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm definitely no Scrooge McDuck, but I just was unsure if there is a difference between "Christmas in December" and "Christmas in July"...and from what I have gathered there really isn't. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is "Christmas in July" kinda just "Christmas isn't here yet but I want to celebrate anyway?"  I guess I'm still confused... but I must admit that I have become a fan of Christmas in July, whatever the meaning may be!  It was fun to make a Christmas card in the summertime, and it would be even FUNNER to get some presents next (hint, hint), Lol!

True to my style, I needed to over-complicate and use mostly non-Christmas products to make this card.  I grabbed the Build a Birthday set and the Farmer's Market DSP.  I made a strand of Christmas lights with the Build a Birthday candle and hung it on my Farmer's Market fence.  Finished it off with a  sentiment from the Merry Everything stamp set which I coloured with markers to add some festive lighting  to the border.  It ended up being a pretty simple card overall, but it certainly satisfied my vision of how I hoped it would turn out :-)
 
Christmas in July ended up being contagious.  As I was making my card, my protégé ;-) also joined the fun and created a set to share with you!  You'll have to visit {her blog} in a few days to hear more about it:
 
www.mercedesweber.com
 
 
 
So thanks for joining us!  Up next is the very talented Justin Krieger!  Just click on the button below to visit him, or if you've lost your way through this hop, there is a map below!

http://jkcardsonline.com/
 


Here's the itinerary:
 
You may have come from --->Lori
But now you are here ---> James
Next is ----> Justin
And then ----> Maggie
And so on...
Kim
AJ
Marisa
And then do it all over again!

Cheers!!
 

16 comments:

  1. James I love your title!!! Your card is awesome. Very creative using the build a birthday candle for the Xmas bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled onto your blog! I read most of the past posts and I have to tell you - I love the guys perspective on cards! Thanks to you, I will CASE some of your cards for masculine ideas. Thanks, James!! I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and your take on the whole Christmas in July theme. I'm actually still laughing just a bit. I'll be sure to check out Mercedes post in a few days as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice projects. Love them. Especially the Yum box

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card was super creative and I love the use of non-Christmas sets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't wait to see your creativity! You don't disappoint! Mercedes' take on the theme is great too! Can you go get a cupcake now and let me know if one really does fit in that box?? I'm debating on purchasing it bc I don't see how anything but a tiny wimpy "cupcake" will fit with the dimensions in the catalog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card James! I love the wood grain paper as a backdrop for your very creative use of the flame as lights. You are always an innovator!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very resourceful making a string of lights from a candle flame! I think that is so creative! All of your projects are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog post title; and the clever use of a non-christmas stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like how all three are non traditional but scream Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a rebel straying away from actual Christmas stuff! I love all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the simplicity of the first card, but it definitely says Christmas! Very clever projects....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever card...as always! Love Mercedes' projects too. Love her use of the balloon die cut as an ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great alternative for the candle flames. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and projects. Very clever way to string lights and use non Christmas products. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice way to improvise the Christmas lights! I never would have guessed that those images were actually candle flames.

    ReplyDelete