Thursday, June 11, 2015

OSAT Bro Style - for a Dude, from a Dude (kinda)

Hello Hoppers, welcome back to another round of Hopping!  If you are starting here, the theme of our blog hop this month is "Masculine."  But if you have hopped here from the very talented Lori Mueller (or another Hop Host), then of course you already knew that!

With Father's Day coming up, it's a great time to showcase cards/projects for guys.  But really, Father's Day cannot be the only occasion throughout the year when a dude needs to be celebrated or recognized.  Think birthdays, promotions, umm.... birthdays, .... etc.  (Either I cant think of anything else or I just don't want to give all the answers away.  You pick.)  So this week, I decided to highlight something that could bee given to a buddy, co-worker, brother, or any other "Bro."


 
 
All supplies are Stampin" Up!
The textured/lined paper is the new Kraft corrugated paper
The "Bro" and "#BDAY" is made with the Layered Letters set
The sentiments are from Words of Truth
And the washi tape is part of the Everyday Chic collection
 
I have a confession to make.  I have to tell you something but you have to promise that you won't be mad. Promise?  Ok, here it  goes.  I kinda cheated and had help with these projects.  There, I said it.  This week was supposed to be easy peasy, since I'm a dude and I needed to make a dude card.  The problem was that I'm a dude and I waited until the last minute to start my project.  So between my non-crafty schedule and my other life events, I was exhausted and didn't have time to finish my stuff.  I was literally dozing off as I was stamping.  I even ruined a Versamark pad because I forgot to clean off a stamp before I went to start embossing.  Such a schmuck.  I almost had to miss the hop, but thankfully, I'm not the only crafty one around here.  My amazing better half was able to swoop in and save the day with her awesomeness!  So instead of having to share an unfinished product with you, I get to share one of the first ever Stampin' Stud/Paper Paradise hybrid collaborations!  How could you possibly be mad about that?  Thanks, sweetie!  Don't know what I'd do without you :-)
 
Now that my conscious is clear, back to the hop...
 
I hope that we have been able to do our part and give you some inspiration to go and celebrate a special guy in your life.  You don't need to wait for Father's Day to put away the flower stamps.  Don't be afraid to trade in the purples and pinks for grays and blues (or yellows and silvers).  Any time is a good time to play around and make a man-card.  I can tell you (as a guy) that it will be appreciated.
 
So please continue on the hopping journey to another of my talented friends, Ms. Ginger Pelfrey! See what kind of manly offerings she has to share, then continue on your way until you make it full circle.  You won't be disappointed and neither will the dudes in your life. 
 
http://myheartspleasure.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/osat-blog-hop-fathers-day/
 
And if you lose your way through the hop, no need to stop and ask for directions... I have given you a road map to follow! (see what I did there?  I tied in a male stereotype about stopping to ask for directions.  Aren't I clever?)
 
Here's the itinerary:
You are here ---> James
Next is ----> Ginger 
And then ----> Justin
And so on...
Andrea
Kim





 

13 comments:

  1. Nice projects, we all need a little help now and then.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so bummed to see the skinny mini alphabet go, and every time it see this alphabet I'm kicking myself bc I don't have it yet!!! This is perfection! I don't know who to give credit to tho! Lol! Just kidding :) great teamwork and the staging is on point! Love everything about this bro - job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects and the fact that you completed them with your wife!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one amazing wife!!! You guys work well together, I love both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collaboration and fantastic idea to decorate a liquor bottle..I never would have thought of that!! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The Stampin' Stud does it again! Another amazing project set!!! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Definitely going to case it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this little tag stapled - you are a rock star

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the projects! I wish I could get a little help with my creating...well maybe not so much from my other half :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. James, you and your amazing dudette, it's a word, grin, have done it again. These are stunning! I love them and yep, as others have already said, I'm kicking myself that I'm yet to get the Layered Letters set :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. No that's what I call a masculine card. Top shelf for the top bro. And I thought I was all alone in this card making woman's land. Thanks for the inspiration I will be back. Regards thestampinupbloke :)

    ReplyDelete